Friday 7 February 2014

Shadow sale confirmed

Yup, it's all above board, watertight and a done deal. After deductions for winter maintenance and a sale fee some money has indeed arrived in my bank account, meaning that I have no further responsibility for Shadow.

It would be interesting to calculate how many miles and locks we travelled in Shadow, but it wouldn't be easy. Our ownership started before the days of blogging, and I haven't kept a proper "ship's log". It would be a lot, anyway.

I hope the new owners - and all the current ones - enjoy the refitted galley which I have partly paid for!

There may yet be some more Shadow posts to come: I still haven't quite finished with our Easter cruise of last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It our lasting regret that we didn't take a copy of our share boat, Dragonfly's, written cruise log. It was the main reason we started a blog - though we had no idea that as well as a cruising record it would bring us so many friends :-)

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Halfie said...

Sue, of course! The cruising diaries! I had forgotten about those. There's a set on Shadow going right back to its launch. Well, it's not too late for me to take a copy: my brother still has a share. "All" I need to do is persuade him to take photos of all our entries! Good idea. I'm very glad you reminded me of this.

Vallypee said...

Congratulations, Halfie. I still sort of wish it could have been me, but I'm very glad you have new, and hopefully happy, owners!