Monday 23 December 2013

Mild but not bitter

We were treated to lunch today by Jan's parents. We went to the Horse and Groom in Chelmsford where I managed to get through a very tasty mixed grill. Accompanying the meal I sampled the mild ale on offer. Unfortunately I didn't make a mental note of the brewer, but it was every bit as tasty as the food.

The weather has been mild too, although the wind and rain have meant that it hasn't been too pleasant outside.

***********************

Here's a photo from January when I came across a group of volunteers from the Buckingham Canal Society assessing the thickness of the clay lining of a dry section of the Buckingham and Old Stratford Canal.

I joined the Society, but have not yet participated in any of their events. Well, Norwich is 100+ miles away!

Just in case I don't get time to blog tomorrow (Christmas Eve) I will take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

No comments: