Friday 3 May 2013

Seen while cycling: one Candlestick, one Moggie and one wherry

I enjoyed a twenty mile cycle ride yesterday in the sunshine around the lanes of Norfolk. There are some strange road names out there!


I was on my way to help a friend move a car and a whole load of boxes and pieces of furniture.


On a different cycle ride a couple of days before, on the Marriot's Way - a former railway line now cycle/footpath - I saw this depiction of a wherry. This is about a mile from Norwich city centre by the River Wensum.


I'm not really sure why this wherry should be here. There is a small river which the railway crossed by the bridge in the above photo, but I don't think it was navigable this side of New Mills Pumping Station.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

What a lovely old moggy :-)