Friday 22 March 2013

Not long to go now...

Today was my penultimate day at work in The Forum, Norwich, for BBC East.


I was editing for the regional opt-out for The Sunday Politics (the photo is actually from the weekend, where I was editing for the regional news bulletins - there's footy on the monitor. Footy doesn't feature much in The Sunday Politics).

It felt strangely like a normal work day and an unusual one at the same time. I supplied hot cross buns to my colleagues in the morning, and cake in the afternoon. I said one or two goodbyes, but most will happen next week.

My very last day will be on Thursday, which will be even stranger. Very annoyingly, there's an NUJ/Bectu strike planned for that day, starting at noon, so most of my colleagues will walk out leaving the place almost deserted. But things will look up later, as my leaving party gets under way in a city centre pub.

I'll write more about my time at the Beeb after then, no doubt.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Congratulations, Halfie. I just wish I was in your shoes.

Halfie said...

Thanks Val. I do feel as though I've served my time!