Tuesday 30 October 2012

Why the shower tray took a long time to empty

One of the jobs I tackled on Jubilee today was to investigate why the shower tray was reluctant to drain into its sump. If you're of a nervous disposition you might like to look away now!

It was easy to prise off the top of the drain... and then I pulled out wodge after yukky wodge of a disgusting gelatinous hairy gunk.

No wonder the flow was sluggish!

You might not want to click on this photo!

What a combination: long hair (definitely not mine) and shower gel/shampoo!

Needless to say, it all works a lot better now it's cleaned up.

I wonder how long it will be before it has to be done again!

6 comments:

No Direction said...

This is a job for one of the crew, not the captain.

KevinTOO said...

YUCK! So glad I wasn't having breakfast while reading this!! LOL

Halfie said...

I did give a warning!

Andrew said...

I think you need a finer grill on the top to stop it getting that far.
Do a search for "Sink strainers bath basin plug hole filter drains hair trap waste filter"

Halfie said...

Andrew, you're right. I have already suggested the same to Ally and Ben.

Nicky said...

we used to get this problem at home the culprit was hair gel when it was washed out do either off them use that