Friday 27 April 2012

Willington to Fazeley

Friday 20th April 2012

This was the third and final day of our short cruise to get Jubilee from Kegworth to our temporary moorings in Fazeley. Ally and Ben were due to meet us in Fazeley, so I set the alarm and made an early (0620) start.

I have already published this photo - this is five minutes before I set off.


The aqueduct over the River Dove ...


... has a pillbox at the far (western) end.


We stopped at Fradley services to empty the loo cassette for the first time, then up Junction Lock, swing left, and through the swing bridge on the Coventry Canal.


At Streethay we stopped to replace the gas cylinder which had run out just before we bought the boat. While there I topped up with diesel and noted the engine hours (2429) so I can do a consumption check next time I fill up. I also bought a couple of Jubilee clips for the top ends of the aft deck drain hoses. A familiar boat was there.


We tied up in Fazeley at 1745, an 11.5 hour day.

3 comments:

ditchcrawler said...

John, when you are on shore supply and the battery charger is working there will be no need to run the inverter as you will already have "Mains" voltage onboard from the shore supply. The charger my be adequate

Halfie said...

Brian, I should have said "... have been used ..."

Anonymous said...

Nice to see your bike is tied down....