Friday 19 August 2011

Boshboil Branch

10th April 2011


On the Nicholson's Guide the wonderfully named Boshboil Branch and the Bumblehole Branch look as though, at one time, they might have joined up to form a loop just south of Netherton Tunnel. Now the Bumble Hole Pool (former mine workings?) gets in the way. As I've mentioned before, small branches are there to be explored, so, before anyone else was up, I gently cruised to the end of the Boshboil Branch, just a few yards from where we were tied up the previous night. And to prove it, here are a couple of photos from the end.


The above photo was taken from the same place as the top photo, looking back towards Windmill End Junction. Tomorrow I'll post about the Bumblehole Branch.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Peaceful! I've now caught up with your blogs, Halfie, although I may still have missed a few earlier ones. Great reading, great photos and lots of fascinating titbits as always.