Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Fudge Boat

You've heard of the Cheese Boat (did you know there are two of them? I didn't), but what about the Fudge Boat? Both were at Stoke Bruerne last weekend. Both offer tasters of their wares, both were popular with the towpath tourists.


I sampled a few fudgy flavours and bought four bags for a fiver, mostly as presents. Individual bags were being sold for £1.50 each. The fudge lady told me that their best seller is the rhubarb and custard flavour. I tried it and, well, settled on good old traditional vanilla fudge for ourselves.


The Ducks might be interested in the display of cats to the right of the basket of fudge!


There is fudge in there really - it's just hiding behind the label! (We might have eaten one or two pieces...)

What is it like? Crispy, not soft. But not hard either. Tasty.

I might be able to squeeze another post out of Stoke Bruerne tomorrow.

4 comments:

No Direction said...

Chrismas Pud flavour for me.

No Direction said...

Oops Christmas Pud.

Vallypee said...

Lovely!!

Anonymous said...

tried it was not very nice threw it in the canal feel sorry for the fish