Friday 28 January 2011

Scrabbling for an idea for a blog post


Yes, a bit obvious, I know. But (tenuous boating link) board games are played on board many boats, especially on winter evenings when it's too dark to cruise.

Jan, Ally, Ben and I went for a pub lunch last Saturday, and found a Scrabble set next to our table. I hadn't played for many years. This is what the board looked like at the end of the game.


The scores were as follows: 173, 126, 123 and 104. And, no, I'm not going to embarrass anyone by revealing who got what!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was brought on scrabble - my dad was a character and would put down nonsense words just to make us challenge him and get the big dictionary out. But mum and I would often get caught out when some of his obscure words proved to be real! Fond memories.

I stopped playing when I left home because I could never agree on the rules with my friends - amazing how many interpretations there are!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Halfie said...

Yes, we weren't sure of the rules, especially concerning challenges!