Thursday 1 July 2010

Braunston 2010: hotel boaters to be


Sheila and James Scowen

A funny thing happened at Braunston. I thought I recognised someone, said hello, and then worked out that, actually, I'd never met him before. But we got talking anyway. I discovered that he was on the brink of buying a hotel boat business (wide beam, not narrow) having owned a narrowboat for the last two years. He used to be in the restoration business - of listed buildings, not canals - and is looking forward to the challenge of a hotel boat. I assume, as it's a wide beam, that it's just the one boat, and not a pair.

As the deal hadn't quite been done, I shan't name the boat. I hope it all goes well, James.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Looks as if you've had a grat time there in Braunston Halfie. Maybe next year, I'll get there and we might recognise each other!

Halfie said...

Yes, but you seem to have turned into a dog. Maybe I should update my profile photo too!