Friday 9 October 2009

Satnav on the train


On a recent bit of car shuffling I took the train from Nantwich to Rugby. I discovered that my car satnav worked well, allowing me to track my progress across country. I had a Garmin etrex GPS device with me as well: this was useful for telling me the speed. We exceeded 100 mph at one point, not bad for what I remember was a two-coach all-stopping "slow" train.

When uploading the photo I discovered I'd already exported it as a JPEG. Have I already posted about this? The closest I came to it was this post where I described my journey using six modes of transport.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

I don't remember this before, but it must be fun to track your progress on the train too...modern technology is so much fun, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to rely on it too much. I'm already bothered enough about the fact I have no clue how to fix my car these days, but when I was a student with a beetle, I could take the engine out myself. Simplicity has its compensations!

By the way, my daughter has gone back to using an old fashioned typewriter...not sure I'd want to go that far into regression!