Thursday 8 October 2009

Painting a picture


It was my mother's 80th birthday in the summer. My parents had organised a gathering of family members to celebrate the occasion, and a jolly time was had by all. My brother David (and fellow Shadow owner) got everyone to paint a square on a canvas. No prizes for guessing my contribution!


My brother is full of good ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing his plans for a narrowboat. You are going to design one, aren't you, David?

But I mustn't leave out my other brother, Peter. He also has close ties to the waterways: he rows on the Thames.

8 comments:

Vallypee said...

That's lovely Halfie! Yes, I can see your contribution easily...

Did your parents inspire your love of the waterways or is it just your generation?

Halfie said...

It's all their fault. They hired a narrowboat from Wyvern Shipping at Linslade on the GU in 1975, and I joined them for a leisurely cruise to Blisworth and back. They haven't hired a boat since, but, well, you know about me!

Vallypee said...

Aha, so that was, as they say, IT!

Mother said...

John - how could you put such an unflattering photo in your blog?!
Mother

Halfie said...

Oops! I thought it was a good one!

I'll remove it if you want.

Unknown said...

And there was me thinking Mother meant the picture of you H

Halfie said...

Maffi, Ha ha!

Mother, Bit late to remove it now that Andrew Denny's brought the world's attention to it here: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GrannyButtons/~3/dS1Axj7B1WI/blogging-all-over-the-canals.html

Unknown said...

Hey, Halfie - I was also on that Wyvern cruise in 1975, and what sticks in my memory most is my cabin mate bent double over the washbasin in the middle of the night.
How many pints was it...?