Wednesday 28 October 2009

Overtaken on the cut, then peace

Under way at last!


Shortly after leaving Tattenhall Marina a plastic boat - The Jilly Roger, "The littlest hotel in town" - appeared on our tail and overtook at the first half-opportunity. I was pleased to see that it left behind no breaking wash. It was a shame, though, that there was no acknowledgment of us: its steerer and crew remained staring forward as they passed.


Beeston Castle is on the mound between the boats.

A hour later this tree, an oak, I presume, came into view.


Yes, it was good to be on water again!

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Wonderful for you Halfie. I wish we had the same mobility, but I have technical issues with my barge to sort out, not to mention the fact my daughter is living on it right now and I'm camping out with my partner! Looking forward to more of your travels!