Sunday 11 October 2009

Memories of March


Not long to go now (good) until our next cruise. Until I get some fresh pictures here's a photo from a trip down the Grand Union in March. This is Bulbourne Dry Dock at the junction of the Wendover Arm. I used to spend a few days each year working on the BBC Club's Inland Waterways Section boat Savoy Hill here. Sanding, blacking, getting filthy. Those were the days!

I lit the woodburner in our sitting room this evening: the first firing of the season. That's done it. It'll be lit every evening from now on, I expect. I wonder how long we can hold out before switching on the central heating?

3 comments:

Nev Wells said...

Halfie,

Your post reminded me of meeting Savoy Hill earlier this year going up the T&M. Nice well to do lady on board - always smiling. They keep it at Kings Bromley I recall,

Nev

Halfie said...

That's most unlikely to be the same Savoy Hill. I came across the "original" a few years ago at Cowroast Marina. Its name had been changed and it was being sold. It had deteriorated.

Vallypee said...

Lovely photo Halfie. The canals give you such a sense of peace as well, don't they?