Wednesday 19 August 2009

Now Adam's reviewed it, I can publish my photos


On 10th April 2009 we cruised into Nantwich Basin on the Shropshire Union Canal. There we saw a most unusual-looking narrowboat, The Silver Kroner, just about to go on its maiden voyage. This is the boat which Adam of NB Debdale reviewed in the last issue of Canal Boat magazine. The most striking feature of the boat is its four section sliding sunroof, and the apparent height of the roof to accommodate it. Adam says it looks higher than it is, though, but there are some low bridges on the Caldon I'd like to see it try. As for Froghall Tunnel, forget it!




We were warned not to hit it!

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hmmm, it looks a bit odd, I must say. Spoils the roof line quite a bit. I wonder if the owners will regret the sun roof when they find how much it restricts them hieght wise.

Anonymous said...

I remember that day as well. we had to reverse past it to get diesel. the fitters were finalising their ballast checks. i was surprisedt by the shape but more by fact as to where it was moored! Luckily it was not windy and we did not make contact.
Richard-NB Pendle Warter