Sunday 5 July 2009

What happens when you don't blog for a week

What happens when you don't blog for a week is that

1. you feel slightly guilty about it

2. your ranking slips 13 places

3. you have more time for other things

If I need to justify my comparative silence I'll blame general malaise. And I tend to agree with Andrew Denny's guidelines for good blogging. I usually get no further than his point 1:

Have something you want to say. Don't just sit down and think "right, I need to do a blog today, what shall I write?"

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

Ah, I can relate to that! Which is why I only blog about once a week in general, and if it's more it's because something special has happened!

Anonymous said...

Hey Halfie,

Don't stop blogging, secret hint: Make notes!!

Ahem, I do but making sense of it all is another thing...

H

Halfie said...

VallyP, I'm beginning to discover your blogs: when I have a bit more time I'll have a good look through.

Heather, It's all right, I'm not going to stop, I'm just not going to feel bound to the blog. I have lots more photos to share, and I'll get on with it some time. Our next boating is in October, so I'll have to try to catch up by then!

Vallypee said...

I like how you do it Halfie. Maybe I should blog more about individual events and trips, but just spread it over a longer period. Anyhow, you are would be a welcome visitor to my blog. I think the only one of interest to you would be the one called Luxor, because that's mostly about my barge. I started one in Dutch for my Dutch friends, but they don't seem to read it, so I'll probably cancel that one. Then there's also the novel I'm writing about a barging family, but that's nearly finished, so you'd have to back faaaaar to make any sense of it.

My last blog is about the fixing up of a cottage I bought as an escape from the noise of Rotterdam. Again, only really interesting for my own records, and maybe for my family.

Soooo, do come by and visit the Luxor when you have the time.