Thursday 16 July 2009

Speech writing and chocolate

Two days before the wedding (our daughter's) and I'm writing the speech. I can't say too much about it as I don't know who might be reading this. Tiredness has set in, though, so I think I'll continue in the morning.

This afternoon we were house hunting on Ally and Ben's behalf in Birmingham, crossing canals as we did so. One area of research was Yardley Wood (Stratford-upon-Avon Canal); and we crossed into Bournville (Worcester and Birmingham Canal), where the ironwork of gateways by the station is painted in Cadbury blue.

Blue is what the air will be if I don't come up with a good bit of verbiage on Saturday so that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I sense a note of stress here, Halfie? Today is the day, so I'm hoping you've come up with something that satisfies all wedding speech requirements...a good story for starters, a hefty helping of humour for the main course and some fine sentimentality for afters. Good luck! VallyP

Halfie said...

VallyP, Stress? No! I'm feeling quite calm. Les than two hours to go, and look: here I am with time to check e-mails! I'm giving nothing away about the speech - just one minor tweak now...